Saturday 27 August 2011

26 Aug - ST REMY - AVIGNON - BORDEAUX

Just a half day cycling today, back to Avignon.

Found a lovely fruit & veg shop with a bakery across the road so bought supplies for picnic lunch including the essential baguette and fromage (cheese).

 
Decided to have our lunch back in Avigon after dropping off our bikes before hopping on the train to Bordeaux.  Avignon was lovely, though didn't quite have time to get to the Pont d'Avignon and sing the song.... :(

Train ride to Bordeaux required a train transfer at Arles. Eventually arrived in Bordeaux around 9pm.  Loving the fast trains - so good to be going faster than cars... certainly beats the slow Aussie trains!!!!

Overnight  in youth hostel (yes, we still qualify!!!!).

2 comments:

  1. HI I was thinking of you girls as I was reading my book last night. The characters were staying in Arles and and were describing all the wonderful sights and food they were experiencing. Sounds like a fantastic place. Hope you are having a great time. Michelle and Derek

    ReplyDelete
  2. I concur! The book I am reading mentioned the exact area we were in when I was reading it....freaky!!!!! Jane M

    ReplyDelete